ByNext Scholarship for African American & Black Students
Our goal is to empower the lives of African American & Black students in our community through education.
- (2) selected students will receive $5,000 USD (must be studying in the US) for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Each scholarship will be equally divided into two $2,500 USD awards per semester for the Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year.
- Maximum award amount per applicant is $5,000 USD
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 15, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. PT (for Fall 2021-Spring 2022 school year)
- Award is offered to African American & Black students only
- Graduating high school senior or continuing college student at any 4 year accredited college or university at the time of application
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale for both graduating high school students or continuing college students
- Minimum SAT score of 1200 or 25 minimum ACT score (applies to graduating high school seniors only)
- Applicant must provide proof of acceptance into any of the Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) Programs towards a Bachelor's Degree
- Applicant must be sponsored by a customer or employee of ByNext
- Applicant must be a Full-Time student
- Applicant must a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Limited to the first 300 applicants
Conditions for Qualification:
- Active customer of ByNext for at least (1) year, or;
- Active employee of ByNext for at least (1) year
- Sponsor can be of any race, gender or ethnicity
- Essay on why the applicant is qualified (from sponsor)
- Letter of recommendation, including the sponsor’s relationship or connection to the applicant
- General application
- Application Submission Dates: January 15 - April 15, 2021 (For Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Enrollment)
- Award Decision and Communication: June 19, 2021 (For Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 Enrollment)
- Essay topic: In (500) words maximum to tell us about the following:
- What challenges or adversity have you faced in your life? What impact did it have on you and what are the steps you took to overcome it.
- How do you plan to use your degree to make the world a more sustainable place?
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Background check
- Must provide official transcript
- Paid directly to the institution’s financial aid office
- Plaque will be presented to the scholarship award recipient in the name of both ByNext and the sponsor