Health & Safety Guidelines
As always, the health and safety of our community, customers and staff alike, is extremely important to us.
Garment, household linens, upholstery and premise cleaning as well as disinfection services are more important now than ever before. At ByNext are committed to providing sanitary cleaning solutions to consumers impacted by the health implications associated with, and the social distancing steps being taken to address COVID-19.
- Closely monitoring guidance by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health organizations, and taking proper health precautions where warranted.
- Washing hands frequently and vigorously for 20 seconds to prevent the spread of germs. Avoiding touching of the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Asking staff who feel ill to stay home from work.
- Clear, plastic shields have been installed at the counters of each of our store locations.
- Equipping all cleaning staff with masks and gloves. Additionally, our home cleaners are required to also wear aprons and booties when entering our customers’ homes or premises.
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces using commercially available household sanitation products.
- Hand sanitizer is available at store counters for staff and customer use.
- Social distancing.
We are also asking that all customers proactively follow the CDC’s guidelines to reduce the spread of the Coronavirus during their cleaning bookings:
- Customers must wear a mask or cloth face-covering when the cleaners are in their premise.
Stay in a separate room than that of our on-site cleaner.
- Allows the cleaner to thoroughly and efficiently do their job.
- Maintain the 6 foot distance currently recommended by the CDC.
- Our customers are utilizing the app’s new contactless features - including Leave-At-Door pickup & delivery option.
At ByNext, we exclusively utilize GreenEarth® solvent in our dry cleaning process.
Here are several facts that address the GreenEarth® Cleaning difference and the effect it has on the Coronavirus to the extent that it can now be addressed:
- Because GreenEarth's pure D5 dry cleaning fluid has the highest flash point of any of the alternative solvents (170F), the GreenEarth dry cleaning process allows the clothes to be dried at the highest drying temperature, 158F, which is equivalent to 70C.
- At this point in time, the specifics of the epidemiology of the COVID-19 have not been identified. However, the World Health Organization issued its update to its table of Thermal Inactivation of Bacteria, Viruses, and Protozo in January 2015. Based on this, many bacteria, viruses and protozoa are inactivated at 70C or 158F.
- Additionally, the amount of inactivation is a logarithmic function of the amount of time the temperature is applied. The standard drying time at 158F in the GreenEarth Cleaning process is more than 30 minutes, enough time to inactivate most of the viruses listed.
- Given the information available at this point in time, because GreenEarth dries at the highest temperature for the longest period of time, we believe it is fair for ByNext to make the representation that while we do not know the specific behavior of the COVID-19 virus yet, if it behaves similarly to other viruses that have been tested, the GreenEarth process is the most effective dry cleaning method available to inactivate bacteria and viruses and to potentially inactivate the COVID-19 virus as well.